How Do I...

You are here

Most Viewed How Do I's

Learn more about youth sports?

Recreation Programs

The Recreation & Community Services Department offers several sports programs for the youth of Salinas. A variety of leagues, clinics, and camps are offered throughout the year. We are now accepting on-line registration and credit cards. To register for our sports programs, please click the following link:

find out more

Find info about Measure E?


Measure E is a ½ cent transactions and use tax for General services. The tax was effective April 1, 2006 and will not expire. As part of the ordinance, the Measure E Oversight Committee (Measure E Committee) was formed to make recommendations to the City Council and...

find out more

How can I get more information about homeless services ?

Housing and Community Development

Homeless Services Information Line

(831) 775-4269

find out more

Find citizenship classes?

Recreation Programs

The City of Salinas Recreation and Community Services in conjunction with the Citizenship Project offers ongoing free citizenship classes for adults in both English and Spanish. Visit the Adult Programs page to find out more.

find out more

Register as a "Local Business"?


In order to be recognized as a “local business”, contractors must submit a Declaration of Local Business form to the City’s Finance Department .

find out more

Find info about Measure G?


Measure G is a 1 cent transactions and use tax for General services. The tax was effective April 1, 2015 and will expire in 15 years.

With the passage of Measure G in November 2014, the City is now in a position to make strategic investments to restore services...

find out more

Find out about swim lessons?


The Salinas Aquatic Center is operated by the Central Coast YMCA and offers a variety of aquatic programs including lap swim, swim lessons, family swim, exercise classes and more. The pool schedule is subject to change. For information regarding the Aquatic Center or hours of operation, please call (831) 758-7301...

find out more

Find a place to take a typing test?

Human Resources

You may submit verification of your typing skills by obtaining a typing certificate from any of the approved agencies listed below. Appointments are necessary. Typing certificates issued from any other agency will be reviewed by Human Resources staff to determine their suitability.

The agencies are listed in alphabetical order....

find out more

Find fire safety info for kids?

Fire Department

Keep your children safe by talking to them about fire safety and firefighters early and often.

Fire Safe Kids

Smokey the Bear

Sparky the Fire Dog

find out more