Keep Families & the Community Safe!
Many household products contain chemicals that can harm your family and our water and soil when not disposed of properly. Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) are products with labels that state Toxic, Flammable, Poison, Danger, Warning, or Caution and other items that contain toxic chemicals such as used batteries, paint, or fluorescent bulbs.
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) CANNOT go in the trash or recycling bins, but they are accepted for free from residential customers at the HHW Collection Facility in Salinas.
Sun Street HHW Collection Facility
139 Sun Street
Salinas, CA 93901
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
Saturday 8:00am – 4:00pm
No business service on Mondays, only residential
The HHW facility is closed on Sundays and the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
For more information on acceptable items, view the HHW brochure.
Learn How to Properly Dispose:
- Antifreeze Household toxics
- Batteries (auto and household)
- Building Materials (bricks, dirt, concrete, etc.)
- Bulky Items (furniture, appliances, etc.)
- Clothing & Shoes (donate or bring to clothing boxes at SVR facilities)
- Cooking Oil
- Electronics (computers, laptops, TVs, VCR/DVD players, etc.)
- Fluorescent Lights
- Medical Sharps (needles, syringes)
- Pharmaceuticals (prescription medications)
- Mattresses and box springs (free for all residents - limits apply)
- Used Motor Oil & Filter Collection