Our City Services

Special Events Permits

You are here

Special Events are organized activities, assemblies, or events involving 50 or more people to which the public is invited to watch, listen, or participate. Minor Special Events are Special Events involving less than 50 people and which are no more than two hours in duration on any calendar day.

If you are planning a Special Event, please read the Special Events Ordinance and complete either the Major Event Application or Minor Event Application (based on the above definitions) and the Hold Harmless Agreement. If you have any questions, please contact Sheila Molinari at (831) 758-7351.

Special Event Insurance Providers

Special Event Insurance Providers 2016.pdf

This list is of Special Event Insurance Companies or Insurance Brokers who may be willing to underwrite and provide insurance coverage for special events in the City of Salinas.


Neighborhood Block Parties

Is your neighborhood planning a block party? Do you need to close off the street for your party? Complete the Neighborhood Block Party Permit Application and return it to the Recreation-Parks Division of the City of Salinas. 

More Information: