Apply for a Commission seat

Home > Our Government > Boards & Commissions > How Do I > Apply for a Commission seat

All interested persons must file a City application form or submit a resume. Application forms may be obtained from the City Clerk’s Office, 200 Lincoln Avenue, Salinas, CA 93901. You can call us at (831) 758-7381. If the City application is not used, a certification that the applicant is an eligible municipal voter must accompany the resume for commissions and/or the Grievance Board.

One application or resume can be used to apply for more than one office. However, the application or resume should specify all offices being sought.

Applicants’ qualifications will be evaluated on:

  • Knowledge of and experience with community issues with which 
  • a particular advisory body deals
  • Past and present participation in community and/or City forums
  • Attendance at City Council and advisory body meetings
  • Understanding of the advisory body’s functions and responsibilities
  • Ability to articulate a position on an issue
  • Ability to devote the necessary time
Boards & Commissions