**NEW** Five New Electronic Services
- For business license renewals that expire on June 30th, we will be mailing your renewal on July 6. Don’t worry, we are extending the due date to September 1. The renewal notice will have instructions for renewing online.
- For a new business license, complete the application(PDF, 72KB)
and email it to email@example.com to start the process.
- For changing your business license information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Before an application can be submitted to email@example.com, you MUST contact and submit your completed application to Planning: firstname.lastname@example.org for zoning or Home Occupancy Permit (HOP) (for business conducted out of your residential home) approval/signoff.
- For Parking Permits (Downtown), you can order parking permits electronically for Lot 5, 8, and 12 and for the Salinas St. Garage through email. Please complete the fillable PDF form(PDF, 219KB), email it to eParking@ci.salinas.ca.us and we will mail you your permits.
- For Residential Preferential parking, if you are a new resident and are having trouble registering, it is most likely because the old resident has not canceled, so we need to make the change for you. Please email your address and proof you live at the new address to email@example.com
Finance Department Revenue Division is located at the Permit Center, 65 West Alisal Street
All Finance transactions, including business license applications and renewals, parking permits, garage sale permits, and impounded vehicle release fees will be processed at the Permit Center.
The Finance Department provides coordination and direction of all fiscal operations of the City. This includes but is not limited to:
- Directing, monitoring and controlling all assets and financial operations of the City.
- Providing a framework for financial planning and analysis to support the operation and management of all City Departments.
- Financial administration of the Successor Agency to the Former Salinas Redevelopment Agency, Assessment Districts, Enterprise Operations, Internal Services and Trust Funds, and the City’s General Fund.
Departmental responsibilities include long-range financial planning, budget management, accounts receivable and payable, payroll, retirement administration, general accounting and reporting, debt administration, purchasing, revenue and licensing, information technology and assessment district administration.
Who to Call
Finance Downloadable Documents List
Finance Helpful Links